News Text - Rèst-âü-Ránt
RaR Bar on site installation series
RaR Bar has over its past 9 years showcased many musicians and various performing acts. We are currently in the midst of an expansion and branching out into the visual arts by starting an installation art series. This series would involve installation art that is site specific to RaR bar.
We are seeking submissions of work from local New York City based artists whose work falls within the genre of installation art. The work considered would be of wide ranging mediums and forms but must be site-specific and transform the perception of our space. Installations could be by single artists or collaborations.
• The artwork should not interfere with the daily routine of RaR - the installations must allow for RaR bar’s business to run without changes or interferences
• All artwork and materials must be contained and safe for a food establishment (ex. No dusty or sandy particles that spread around, no fumes, no liquids or chemicals etc.)
• Artists are solely responsible for the installation and dismantling of their work and must provide all necessary tools and materials.
• The exhibition will be on view for 30 days
• After the closing of the exhibition artists must return the space to its original condition.
• Ask questions if a part of your proposal hinges on something related to the space that you are not sure about (ex. hanging from the ceiling, building a false floor, painting everything black). Send me a short email asking if it’s possible, and I’ll be happy to let you know. Proposals that aren’t realistic for our space cannot be accepted.
• This installation series is open to local New York City based artists as we cannot finance shipping or travel costs.
• Artist will send a proposal for consideration to Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org
subject titled: “RaR Bar On-Site Installation Series”.
The proposal must include the artists CV and links to samples of their work as well as the estimated time frame for production and installation. We strongly recommend you come see the space before submitting your application.
• Opening night
• Publication and promotion on our website and social media as well as Kaufman Art Districts website (www.kaufmanartsdistrict.com) and social media